What is Run An Empire
Run An Empire is a location based smartphone strategy game for runners, joggers and walkers. Players capture territory in the real world by moving through it. Players are challenged to build the biggest empire and lead their people from the dawn of time into the space age.
Summary of the Role
Run An Empire is a small, indie studio based in central London. Our team is a mixture of designers and developers, currently focused on making iterative improvements to our live game. We’re looking for a passionate intern to join the team and help us build the right features for our users by engaging with the community and supporting on quality assurance. Ideally you are hungry to get involved in all aspects of a game studio, from development to art, design and user experience. For the right candidate there will be opportunities to work in code (Unity / Node.js), UX/UI (Sketch / Illustrator / Marvel) and community management tools.
- Quality Assurance – Work with our lead developer to run weekly testing of new features, feeding back on mobile builds by playing them!
- Community – Work with our community to collect feedback, dig deeper into issues and communicate them to the team.
- Playtesting – Organising qualitative testing of prototype features with our community.
- Research – Working with our UX / UI team to research trends, play games and organise findings.
- Monitoring social media and community forums
- Developing visual assets in image and video software (Illustrator, Premiere)
- UI and functionality testing in the Unity IDE
- Great communicator looking to make an impact on a recently released game
- Organised worker with a high level of attention to detail
- Experience working collaboratively with tools like Google Docs and Slack
- Flexible and keen to learn a range of skills.
- An interest in game design and mobile gaming
- Comfortable working with new software – Zendesk, Analytics, App Platforms
- Excited to work in a small, agile team
- Being a runner is helpful but not essential
- A fun & social working environment
- Internship paid at London Living Wage
- A supportive environment to grow your skills including budget for personal development.
- The chance to help shape a business from a very early stage, and an opportunity to develop and learn new skills across various technologies and skill sets.
- Studio based in Somerset House, central London at the heart of an artistic and creative hub called Makerversity (laser cutters! 3D Printers! Pub visits!)